The main objective of the suggested quality control is to achieve a quality of works satisfying the requirements of the project specifications.
The suggested quality control system entails not only checking and testing of the properties of the utilized materials but is extended into carrying continuous detailed analysis of the results in order to avoid the reoccurrence of failures rather than merely reporting of failed results.
The Quality Control staff shall be held responsible for the implementation of the quality control plan, hire the services of independent testing agencies and laboratories to conduct all the quality control and quality assurance
Responsibilities of the Quality Control Staff:
The Quality Control Manager shall:
1. Provide quality assurance during the construction phase of this project.
2. Advise on the type of materials to be used.
3. Advise on the means of executing the different activities.
4. Prepare and/or review the work methodologies.
5. Prepare and/or review the submittals.
6. Monitor and test materials at all stages from initial laboratory design to the finished products.
7. Ensure that the high standards required by the Engineer’s specifications are achieved.
8. Conduct stringent quality control tests at all stages in accordance with the national and international standards.
The quality assurance is based on quality planning for the operation and in process inspection and testing. The use of correct tools/equipment in a suitable environment is an integral part of the quality assurance plan that will be implemented.
All field works and laboratory testing will be carried out by qualified staff and technicians and under the supervision of the Quality Control Manager.